Critically Appraised Topic: Operative vs. Non-operative Management of Humeral Shaft Fractures
Thu, 10/22/2020 - 7:48am
- Both include patients with unilateral, isolated humeral shaft fractures.
- They both compare the same interventions:
- Both use the same scoring system to measure outcomes: the DASH score
- The Disability of Arm, Shoulder, and Hand is a validated scoring system that assesses level of disability after an upper extremity injury
- It is based on a patient responses to questions about functionality and is widely used in orthopedics studies