Night Shift Aid?: Caffeine Impregnated Gum from the Military
Staying alert and functioning at a high level during an overnight shift in the Emergency Department is often a matter of life or death for your patients. Many of us employ the use of caffeine at all hours to combat the slow (sometimes rapid) creep of fatigue which hampers our skillset. Most providers can relate to those moments when a cup of coffee is just not what you are looking for. This post intends to introduce an alternative vehicle for caffeine designed for members of the military: Military Energy Gum.
From the Manufacturers of Military Energy Gum:
- Each piece contains 100 mg of caffeine
- Oral absorption has quicker onset of action than liquid, pills. (Reported "5 times faster")
- The Military Energy Gum formula was developed exclusively for Military and Security Agencies and was selected by for use in First Strike Rations by the Navy Seals, Army Rangers, and Special Forces.
- Recommended by the The National Academy of Sciences for situations requiring fast action and clinically proven to improve physical performance, alertness, thinking, and marksmanship for fatigued soldiers.
- First Responders, Firefighters, Police Officers, and Security Personnel have also found Military Energy Gum to be a powerful, compact, fast-acting tool for stopping fatigue.
- Received the Army's Greatest Invention of the Year Award for 2005.
- Due to it's caffeine content, keep away from children and adolescents.
EMDaily has no connection whatsoever to Military Energy Gum and does not make any recommendations for its use.