· Temperatures above freezing + wet conditions = immersion injury
· Commonly from continuously wearing wet socks and shoes
· Repeated exposure to wet and cold
o Homeless, military, outdoor workers
· Occurs over several days to weeks
· Tingling or numbness most common symptom
· Damp, pale or mottled in color
20 yo male presents to the ED with left hip pain after MVC PTA. Patient was restrained back seat passenger, no LOC. Patient appears very uncomfortable on stretcher, with left leg propped on rolled blanket. Tenderness at left hip but no obvious deformity. LLE with DP pulses 2+, sensation intact, will wiggles toes.
Ever notice calcium deposition on an xray and wondered what it meant? Ever read a radiology report that indicated chondrocalcinosis? Check out below for a few pearls related to chondrocalcinosis & pseudogout.