Recommend against reversal of LMWH in patients receiving prophylactic dosing of LMWH.
Low quality of evidence for the use of FFP or PCC to reverse LMWH.
- Dosed within 8 hours - 1 mg IV per 1 mg Lovenox (up to 50 mg in a single dose).
- Dosed within 8-12 hours - 0.5 mg IV per 1 mg Lovenox (up to 50 mg in a single dose).
- Minimal utility in reversal of >12h from dosing.
rFVIIa: 90 ug/kg iV if Protamine is contraindicated.
Consider tick borne illness when:
- Influenza-like illness presentations, especially during the summer months.
- Fever of unknown origin
- When viral meningitis is on your differential diagnosis.
- PO: Atovaquone + Azithromycin
- IV: Clindamycin + Quinine
- Exchange transfusion indications (would need Hematology/Oncology consult): 1. Asplenia 2. Parasite Load > 10%