The Adrenal Trial
Fri, 04/13/2018 - 10:25pm
The ADRENAL Trial Summary:
- There was no significant difference in 90-day mortality between patients in septic shock undergoing mechanical ventilation who received a continuous infusion of hydrocortisone compared to those patients who received placebo.
- Secondary Outcomes with NO Significant Differences:
- 28 day mortality
- Number of days alive and out of the ICU
- Number of days alive and free from mechanical ventilation
- Rate of recurrence of shock
- Time to hospital discharge Number of days alive and out of the hospital
- Recurrence of mechanical ventilation
- Rate and duration of renal-replacement therapy
- Incidence of new-onset bacteremia or fungemia
- Reference: Venkatesh B, et al. "Adjunctive glucocorticoid therapy in patients with septic shock". New England Journal of Medicine. 2018. Epub 2018-01-19:1-12.